Welcome to SpaceYaTech Colabs! Colabs is the Project division of SpaceYaTech
There are 5 kinds of projects we work with:
Click here to see our project directory: Projects
For benefits of creating or joining projects see:
Benefits of Projects
Open Source projects have different flavours of licenses:
- The Apache License
- MIT License
- GNU General Public License (GPL)
- BSD Licenses
- GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- Mozilla Public License (MPL)
Licenses like GPL say that if your code is consumed by another project that project must also
add the GPL license, you cannot protect your intellectual property or prevent others from
making cash out of your license. You cannot consume a GPL component and then create a private
proprietary license that hides your source code and prevents others monetings from it.
Closed Source projects are private.
These projects have licenses that specify that in the event of monetisation, monies shall be
distributed in proportion to effort as measured by git contributions. This mimics creating
companies and share holdings except the % sharing is dynamic and there is no red tape or cost
for maintaining the shares.
These include projects like:
- Mentorlst platform
- SpaceYaTech website
Every member of SpaceYaTech has "a Software house on Standby" and can become a "Go Between"
between an end client and the SpaceYaTech devs, testers, product designers, architects,
business analysts and project managers.
SpaceYaTech can help train "Go Betweens" on:
- Winning Tenders
- Creating quote documents
- Breaking down requirements into features
- Pricing features
- Spinning up umbrella companies for payroll
These "Go Betweens" can make a lot of cash.
- Building Experience
- CV / References
- Finding / Recommending someone
- Getting people to work on your project
- Sharing code across projects
- Monetising on projects
- Getting mentorship for your project
- Getting Investment for your project
- Building up experience so you have a software house on standby
- Licences with monetisation rules
- Project Directory